Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy New Year -Chinese New Year- Paper Lantern

Happy New Year! – Chinese New Year began on February 14th and it’s the year of the tiger! I created this paper lantern for the GSP DT.Super easy and a lot of fun to make......I am sure a lot of you remember these as a school craft........I remembered..... There are a number of how-to videos on the Internet, including this one (although it's not very thorough) using recycled red envelopes (aka red packets) used to give gifts during Chinese New Year and a stapler! http://how-to-make.blogspot.com/2007/11/paper-lantern.html . This video by Dawn is easier to follow and more like the lanterns we made in school: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-make-a-Paper-Lantern-77391934. This was as simple as using an xacto knife and cutting strips into the paper leaving a trim on the top and bottom.....then I decorated it....Super simple .....and Super cool.....Try it.....





1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

I've been browsing through your blog pages and all your work is just simply beautiful!!!

I have really enjoyed my visit and I WILL Be back soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2011- "Sustaining the Dream"- Tribute to Martin Luther King

Tim Holtz "Embrace Art" Texture Fade Mini