Friday, May 17, 2013

Altered Paintbrush



This was a fun swap.   I participated in a swap where we altered paintbrushes....(hehe...) ...Yep...Now these were really fun to alter...Watch out all of you DIYers....We are prettying up everything (smile).  I choose to alter the paintbrush using a TH alterations die.  I did use two TH die pieces, stamped the filmstrip tape and merge it between the two dies.....So the filstrip actually has images on it.....For the paintbrush I covered  it in Gesso......... I used TH acrylic paint ...to give it some colour....I also used quite a few embellies to pretty it up......I was inspired by quite a few of the altered paintbrushes that I saw on Pinterest.....I was totally surprised by some of the ideas..There are very creative folks out there ....Very inspiring...So though this was my first try at making one of these ...I will be making more....I made this one for a swap...So of course ...I have to make one for me.......So....what do you think???...Is this something you would give a try????......How did I do altering this one......?...What do you think??????

(Altered Paintbrush )




1 comment:

scrappinnana said...

I watched Lia video last night of the altered paint brushes and they were so beautiful. Ms_Dee I love yours and the color you chose. I love teal blue, of course pink is my favorite color. Again I love your altered paint brush. TFS

Hugs,
Janet

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2011- "Sustaining the Dream"- Tribute to Martin Luther King

Tim Holtz "Embrace Art" Texture Fade Mini