Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Forever Young "Hip" Faux Leather Purses

This is my take on the Forever Young faux leather purses.  These  are small lil cuties...(I made one according to the manual and the black one I cut @8").......but it was fun to make...Aren't they just as cute as can be?  The red one was cut @ 6.5", Heat embossed with UTEE,  ( I used the Cuttlebug Asian Embossing Folders) and embellished...I used brown MS flocking on the Black one and it was cut @ 8"......I also used ProvoCraft Terribly Tacky tape to hold them together...(I just love that adhesive the best...Well...Next to my ATG adhesive.......) and Recollections adhesive gemstones for the embellies... 

Okay....so I cut out three different ones with the intention of completing all three tonight....A lil too much detail for now...And I think the detail is really the "icing" on the cake....it really makes a difference with these cute lil darlings......(And I absolutely love detailing.......).....So I think I will finish in the AM......Okay...it's the AM now...so I'll finish later today......

I have seen several people do these before (Kathy Orta and Lisa, Lisa- just to name a couple of the ladies who has given me inspiration....)......and from the looks of their projects..it appeared to be a very complicated process.....But.......Not so.... the purses  are super easy to make....I made the black faux leather one in about 30 minutes....I spent more time trying to make the Flocking work perfectly....(I'll keep practicing with that......) .I recently saw Truthfully98's   challenge from Platinum Scraps and was again inspired to give them a try..... ..Sooooo....Check out my take on this challenge...(Truthfully98, I tried to leave you a comment..but I am not a member of Shutterfly or Facebook...and did not care to join yet another site...too many to keep up with..(hehe...).but.... Thanks Lady for the inspiration)

I think I will be cutting the purses  on a 12x24 mat and make them larger....to hold notecards....But the purses cut at the smaller size would make  great party favors.....I am finding out with these "Practice makes Perfect".......

So......it's your turn.....Show me your take on this project....these are quite  fun to make...Okay ....I'm off to do more.....

( 2 days of Federal Government being closed, 3 days off work ...and five days of being snowbound........I may have loads by the time we are all dugout.....(hehe...).....No, I think I am going to fill my days with Blog challenges.....Come back and check out the challenges I take on.........I'm making the very best of these snow days...(smile...).. TFL
                          

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your style and wish I could comment on everything you have done! You are very detailed and do a lot of wonderful techniques. I am will be coming back often for inspiration!


Angela
SewManyCards.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

They are great! You are just having tooo much fun with that cart! And we are enjoying what you create. Thank.

Kathy said...

Ms. Dee, you have got to be kidding me! just when i think you couldn't possibly be any better than you already are, you prove me wrong. Loving these bags, albums, cards and so much more. You are really my inspiration!

Kathy Oscar

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2011- "Sustaining the Dream"- Tribute to Martin Luther King

Tim Holtz "Embrace Art" Texture Fade Mini