Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Altered Dressform-Charlene Gibson inspired

Wow....It's been a minute......but, I'm back.......Just wanted to share a few things that I have been doing.....I found this Youtuber (charlenegibson) and I thought her work was superb...Thanks for the inspiration Charlene........Though I did not want to go through the entire process that she went through in making the paper pulp...I found a work around.  The dressform is a Micheal's dressform..($7.99...but of course use a coupon).......(I covered it with Tim Holtz washi tape...... and the body of the dress was made from paper mache.  Charlene made her paper pulp from scratch...I sort of cheated (hehe..).  I purchased paper pulp from ACMoore ($9.99...again...don't forget your coupon...)....You know the kind that you add water to....Yeah...instant paper pulp...(hehe..) .I made the bottom of the dress using tulle....I hot glued it around the dressform...stripped it ...and applied heat using my heatgun..The heat makes the tulle curl.........Another lil technique I learned from a youtuber (nanajl54)......And here is my completed dressform.....I sooo enjoyed this project......Give it a try....Now to find something to do with the rest of that paper mache......Charlene you may have started something here...(hehe...)...I know as much as I like dressforms....I'll  be making more of these..I also did a youtube video it does not show you how to make the paper pulp...but you can check charlene's video out  and she shows you how to make that...... .... So ....what do you think??????


Front View

This is the back.......of the dressform


5 comments:

Joynana said...

Hey Ms. Dee, loving that dress form. Now you make me want to do another one. Loving this one.

lovemypaper said...

Hello Ms Dee love love love it super cute.

Treva said...

Really cute dressform, tfs!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, I think it's beautiful!

Sharon Sutton said...

Love the dress form!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2011- "Sustaining the Dream"- Tribute to Martin Luther King

Tim Holtz "Embrace Art" Texture Fade Mini