Friday, May 17, 2013

Altered Lace/Trim Spool


I altered this spool using the lace/trim spool from (hehe) lace and trim that I purchased from Joann's $1 ribbon spot....I adhered chipboard circles to each of the outside circled shapes to make them sturdy  by merely tracing the circles......The traced circles (about 5 on each side )  were glued  to one another, then to the spool , gesso'd and decorated......I used G45 paper for the inside banner and the spool....and adhered lace to both sides....I lightly decorated the outside and embellished the inside banner using K & Co sentiments to go .....(yep ...a really old product....) and G45 paper and paper pieces from Secret garden......I did adhere chipboard to the G45 pic on top of the spool to give it a tile effect, also added beads, bling, ribbon, M's - $2 metal bird and a stick pin......TFL

                                                              (banner attached to spool) 


                                                                    (outside banner)
(inside of banner)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2011- "Sustaining the Dream"- Tribute to Martin Luther King

Tim Holtz "Embrace Art" Texture Fade Mini